The artery most commonly affected is the temporal artery on either side of the head under the skin and the condition is sometimes called temporal arteritis.
What does TA stand for?
TA stands for Temporal Artery
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TA
We have 75 other meanings of TA in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Authority
- Technology Administration
- Technology Alliance (various locations)
- Technology Assessment
- Tel Aviv
- Telecommunications Authority (various locations)
- Telescope Assembly
- Temasek Academy
- Temperature Alarm
- Temperature Ambient
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was slashed over his face and body severing the temporal artery in his head.
One commonly encountered site for such lesions is the temporal artery.
The superficial temporal artery was identified in its preauricular location and followed with the use of a handheld Doppler device.
The patented technology uses an infrared sensor and a noninvasive method to register body temperature via the temporal artery.
99) gauges body temperature in just two seconds by capturing the naturally emitted heat from skin over the temporal artery, which runs across the forehead and is connected to the heart directly via the carotid artery.