Ariane-5 was carrying Stentor, an experimental telecommunications satellite commissioned by France's space agency CNES, and Hot Bird-7, Eutelsat's television broadcast satellite.
What does TVBS stand for?
TVBS stands for Television Broadcast Satellite
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TVBS
We have 2 other meanings of TVBS in our Acronym Attic
- TV Band Device
- True Vertical Depth below Derrick Floor (energy production)
- Tove Valley Baptist Fellowship (Northamptonshire, UK)
- Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare (Columbus, OH)
- The Village Branch Library (Farmington, CT)
- Thornapple Valley Baseball League (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Thames Valley Bluegrass Music Association (Canada)
- Thames Valley Business Magazine Awards (UK)
- Tech Venture Business Network (Los Altos, CA)
- Total Volatile Basic Nitrogen (index of freshness)
- Television Broadcasting Service
- The Vincent Black Shadow (band)
- Television Black Spots - Alternative Technical Solutions Programme (Australia)
- Television Black Spots Programme (Australia)
- TV by the Numbers (website)
- Toronto Visual Basic User Group (Canada)
- Tag Virtual Circuit (Cisco)
- Tape Volume Cache
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Voluntary Compliance (IRS)
- Televisió de Catalunya (Catalan Public Broadcasting Company, Catalonia, Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An Ariane 44P launch vehicle will be used to place into orbit the PAS-6 direct television broadcast satellite for PanAmSat, a private U.
KOUROU, French Guiana--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 6, 1995--DBS-3, the third in a series of high-power direct-to-home television broadcast satellites for North America, is slated for launch here June 9 aboard an Ariane 4 rocket.