Teletypewriter exchange service is defined as access from a teletypewriter or such data station and the privilege of intercommunication with substantially all persons having teletypewriter or other such data stations; see Sec.
What does TWX stand for?
TWX stands for Teletypewriter Exchange Service (AT&T)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TWX
We have 2 other meanings of TWX in our Acronym Attic
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Trincomalee Women Welfare Organization (Sri Lanka)
- Those Who Wield Power (online gaming)
- Towarzystwo Wolnej Wszechnicy Polskiej (Polish: Polish Society of the Free University; Warsaw, Poland)
- Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society (UK)
- Commercial Teletypewriter Exchange System (US Navy)
- Naval Message
- Teletype Communications
- Teletype Transmission
- Teletypewriter Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
In pertinent part, that legislative history states: The definitions of local telephone service (previously general telephone service), toll telephone service, and teletypewriter exchange service have been updated and modified to make it clear that it is the service as such which is being taxed and not merely the equipment being supplied.
4251 imposes a 3% Federal excise tax on amounts paid for communications services, which, for these purposes, is defined as (1) local telephone service, (2) toll telephone ser vice and (3) teletypewriter exchange service.