Communications services subject to the tax are local telephone service, toll telephone service or teletypewriter exchange service; see Sec.
What does TWX stand for?
TWX stands for Teletypewriter Exchange
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TWX
We have 2 other meanings of TWX in our Acronym Attic
- The Wizards World Online
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Trincomalee Women Welfare Organization (Sri Lanka)
- Those Who Wield Power (online gaming)
- Towarzystwo Wolnej Wszechnicy Polskiej (Polish: Polish Society of the Free University; Warsaw, Poland)
- Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society (UK)
- Commercial Teletypewriter Exchange System (US Navy)
- Naval Message
- Teletype Communications
- Teletype Transmission
Samples in periodicals archive:
In pertinent part, that legislative history states: The definitions of local telephone service (previously general telephone service), toll telephone service, and teletypewriter exchange service have been updated and modified to make it clear that it is the service as such which is being taxed and not merely the equipment being supplied.
 News services and radio broadcasts of news and sporting events--The tax on toll telephone service and teletypewriter exchange service does not apply to news services and radio broadcasts of news and sporting events.