A recently publicized telephone extension does not work.
What does X stand for?
X stands for Telephone Extension
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of X
We have 1 other meaning of X in our Acronym Attic
- Multiplied by
- Northwest Territories (postal code designation, Canada)
- Offensive team (sports/coaching)
- Perpendicular to Orbit Plane
- Personal Mark (or signature)
- Special Distribution (Air Force)
- Special Equipment (Stores 100 code)
- Strike (bowling)
- Transfer (prefix)
- Unknown Quantity (variable)
- X Chromosome (genetics)
- X Gene (X-Men)
- X Windows (TCP/IP-based network-oriented window system)
- X-ray (aviation letter code)
- Xerox Corporation
- Energetic High-Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation
- Experiment and Development Flotilla (landing craft; US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Administration staff and trainee inspectors took the calls which came in over six telephone extensions.
The priorities will be to issue each new member with a parliamentary security pass, a Commons e-mail account, together with a laptop, a telephone extension number and voicemail.
The JOC had more than 150 telephone extensions, a multitude of computer workstations, and an electronic projection screen that showed an event board listing the status of any security-related incidents.
France Telecom Group and its fully owned subsidiary, Equant, have announced that they have been selected by Airbus for a five year contract to implement an IP telephony solution across all Airbus sites, covering 40,000 telephone extensions.
It also supports features such as video conferencing, web collaboration, stereo call recording and the integration of geographically remote telephone extensions.