The Landsat programme was launched to provide satellite imagery of the Earth, and had its origins in the 1972 launch of the Earth Resources Technology Satellite.
What does TECHSAT stand for?
TECHSAT stands for Technology Satellite
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Technical Operation Data
- Technical Operational Data
- Technical Operation Order
- Technical Report/Representative
- Technical Replacement Factor
- Technical Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Technical Surveyor of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (UK)
- Technological Qualification in Microscopy, Royal Microscopial Society (UK)
- Technical Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (UK)
- Tools Ensuring Consumer Healthcare Safety (University of Cincinnati; Ohio)
- Statewide Education Technology Services (California DOE projects)
- Technician Safety Practitioner (UK)
- Technical Training
- The Ecology Center, Inc. (Missoula, MT)
- The Engineers Collaborative, Inc. (now GlobalEware.com; est. 1985; Enosburg, VT)
- Theremin Enthusiasts Club International
- Thomas Enterprise Consulting, Inc.
- Tim Englert Construction Inc. (Wadsworth, OH)
- Treibick Electronic Commerce Initiative (University of Connecticut)
- Threat Equipment, Captured, Intelligence
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its Science and Technology Satellite 2C (STSAT 2C) will collect data on space radiation.
Accurately orbiting the Unha-3 carrier rocket, a science technology satellite, built with our own ability and technology, is a gift of loyalty to our party, army and comrade Kim Jong-il and a national feat that accomplished the very dying instruction of the general," Kim Ki-nam, a party head for the propaganda bureau, was quoted as telling the crowd.