A powerful new advance for copyright holders is a prohibition on circumventing digital locks, or technological protection measures (TPM), which control or restrict access to reproduction or copying of a work.
What does TPM stand for?
TPM stands for Technological Protection Measures (DRM, digital locks, copyright protection, etc.)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TPM
We have 200 other meanings of TPM in our Acronym Attic
- Tablets per Minute (manufacturing)
- Talking Points Memo (est. 2000; digital publication)
- Tape Preventive Maintenance
- Team Performance Model (Drexler/Sibbett)
- Technical Performance Measurement
- Technical Performance Metrics
- Technical Performance Monitoring
- Technical Program Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Technician's Pocket Manual/Handbook
Samples in periodicals archive:
The key obligations set out in these treaties may be briefly summarised as follows: Member states should provide legal protections for the technological protection measures that copyright owners may employ to prevent unlawful use of works of authorship.
lt;p>"Psystar Corporation makes and sells computers containing pirated copies of Mac OS X that Psystar has altered to circumvent Apple's technological protection measures," Apple argued in its motion.