In December, the agency received approval from its two advisory committees, including the Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee, to issue the final rule.
What does TPSSC stand for?
TPSSC stands for Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (US DoT)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Terminal Primary and Secondary Radar System
- Takoma Park Silver Spring Co-op (food store; Maryland)
- Tangipahoa Parish School System (Louisiana)
- Target Prioritization and Selection System
- Technology and Policy Student Society (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- The Playstation Show (podcast)
- Toxic Pot Shower Shock Syndrome
- Traction Power Substation (rail transportation electrification)
- Training and Performance Support Systems (educational technology)
- Transition Plus Sustainability Solutions (Canada)
- Temperature Programmed Static Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry
- Total Performance Storage System Manager (software)
- Transitional Product-Specific Safeguard Mechanism
- Tempat Pembuangan Sampah Terpadu (Indonesian: Integrated Waste Disposal Place; Indonesia)
- Tempat Pengolahan Sampah Terpadu
- Three-Piece Silicone Tubing (intubation)
- Tonal Pitch Space Theory
- Triple Pole Single Throw (switch)
- Tifton Physical Soil Testing Laboratory (Georgia)
- Texas Public Schools Week
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also served for several years on the Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee of the Office of Pipeline Safety of the federal Department of Transportation and was instrumental in the writing of 49CFR Parts 191, 192, 193 and 195.
When PHMSA provided some "concept" language to the Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (TPSSC) in July, the committee told PHMSA the concept language was "poorly worded," according to Terry Boss, a senior vice president at the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA).
Andy Drake, an official with Duke Energy Gas Transmission, told PHMSA's Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee last June that most of Duke's 12,000 miles of pipe are piggable.
I have had several calls from designers around the nation asking how quickly we can adopt the 2001 edition, because they're in the process now of designing LNG plants, and it is to their benefit to follow the 2001 edition, not the 1996 edition," explained Buck Furrow, an OPS official, during a meeting of the OPS Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee last spring.
After conducting numerous public meetings to discuss the proposed regulations and considering comments received from the natural gas industry, the Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee and other interested parties the DOT published a final rule on December 12, 2003.