Castner has presented professional programs on the separation of church and state in Massachusetts, the role of religion in the Civil Rights movement, and race and religion in American political history for history teachers through Teaching American History grants.
What does TAHG stand for?
TAHG stands for Teaching American History Grant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TAHG
- Texas Association for Home Care (now Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice, Inc.)
- Torrington Area Health District (Connecticut)
- Tanzania Home Economics Association
- Tuskegee Area Health Education Center
- Telangiectasia-Associated Hepatic Fibrosis
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain book)
- The American Homeownership Foundation (various locations)
- Texas Association for Healthcare Financial Administration (Austin, TX)
- Texas AIDS Health Fraud Information Network
- Texas Association of Healthcare Facilities Management
- The Amrop Hever Group (various locations)
- The Avalon Hill Game Company
- Tank and Attack Helicopter Guidance System
- Talmadge Anderson Heritage House (Pullman, WA)
- Tadano America Holdings, Inc. (Japan)
- Te Aronga Hou Inaianei (New Zealand support agency)
- The Application Home Initiative
- Teaching American History in Louisiana
- Terrestrialized Alien Host Integrative Tissue i (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Terminology Association of Hong Kong (City University of Hong Kong; China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's one of many local projects funded over the last several years through the federal Teaching American History grant program, administered by the Lane Education Service District.
The Teaching American History grant program aims to enhance teachers' understanding of American history through intensive professional development, including study trips to historic sites and mentoring with professional historians and other experts.
But if, as seems more likely, comparative analysis shows that students in districts that have been awarded TAH grants - especially those that have received multiple grants - do significantly better on the national history test than those from other districts, then funding for the Teaching American History grant program ought not only to be reinstated, it ought to be increased substantially and the teaching and learning models that have emerged from the program ought to be applied in other subject areas where student achievement fails to meet reasonable expectations.
Scott Dano, Dorris Ranch volunteer and special events coordinator, said the project was made possible by a Teaching American History Grant through the U.
Teaching American History Grant Program (closes 3/22).
Bartsch has benefited from programming made possible through a Teaching American History grant from OII.
The Teaching American History grants are doing even more with hundreds of grants to districts collaborating with college history departments, historical societies and museums.