The Teacher Advancement Program (TAP), in use in more than 200 schools, is more than a model for performance pay, even though that element of its approach often gets the public's attention.
What does TAP stand for?
TAP stands for Teacher Advancement Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TAP
We have 821 other meanings of TAP in our Acronym Attic
- Task-Based Asynchronous Pattern (Microsoft)
- Tasking/Processing/Exploitation/Dissemination Assessment Process
- Tatsumi and Partners (landscape architecture firm; Irvine, CA)
- Tau Alpha Pi (Engineering Technology honor society)
- Tax Advantage Plan (various companies)
- Taxpayer Advocacy Panel
- Taxpayer Advocacy Program
- Taxpayer Assets Project
- Teach Abroad Program (cultural exchange program)
- Teach and Practice
- Teacher Advisory Program
- Teacher Assistant Program
- Teaching Advanced Physics (various organizations)
- Teaching Apparatus for Physics
- Teaching Assistant Project (Rutgers University; New Jersey)
- Team Action Process
- Technical Activity Proposal (NATO)
- Technical Advisor Program (various organizations)
- Technical Advisory Panel
- Technical Analysis Platform (Telcordia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Main topics of the papers and panel contibutions include the No Child Left Behind Act, teacher quality, including the Teacher Advancement Program, and framing the future in early childhood, K-12 and higher education.
Gary Stark is executive director of the Arkansas Teacher Advancement Program and a former principal in the Springdale School District.
Many of the current TIF grantees are implementing locally based models of the Teacher Advancement Program (TAP).
Solmon (Milken Family Foundation) introduces the foundation's successful Teacher Advancement Program stressing multiple career paths, ongoing professional development, instructional accountability, and performance-based compensation.