While the report credits the IRS with having successfully accomplished myriad new tasks--often under severe time and resource constraints--it warns that those successes have taken a toll on the IRS's core taxpayer service capacity.
What does TPS stand for?
TPS stands for Taxpayer Service(s)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TPS
We have 446 other meanings of TPS in our Acronym Attic
- Tampines Primary School (Singapore)
- Target Processing Station
- Target Protection Specialist (Target Corporation)
- Task Pair Scheduling
- Task Performance Specifications
- Task Preparation Sheet
- Tax Performance System (US Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration)
- Tax Preparation Software
- Taxe sur les Produits et Services
- Te Papapa School (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Teachers' Pension Scheme (UK)
- Teaching with Primary Sources (various locations)
- Technical Packaging Specialist
- Technical Performance Specification
- Technical Procurement Services
- Technical Product Specification
- Technical Product Support
- Technical Professional Services, Inc. (Wayland, MI)
- Technical Publishing Software
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report states that as a result of the imbalance between taxpayer demand and IRS resources, the IRS has fallen short of providing adequate taxpayer service in important areas.
Her commitment to taxpayer service, which built upon the record of her predecessors, will be her legacy.
Chris has a wealth of experience in both tax enforcement and taxpayer service," said IRS Commissioner Mark W.
The FTB address is: Joint Estimate Credit Allocation; M/S F-225; Taxpayer Services Center; Franchise Tax Board; P.
The plan's goals for taxpayer service were to make filing easier; provide filing help as needed, including when additional taxes are due; and increase the fairness of compliance.
As a leader in exploring rationality in tax policy, the AICPA recommended to the IRS Oversight Board that the agency's top three administrative goals should be improving taxpayer service, enhancing enforcement of the tax law and modernizing the IRS through its people, processes and technology.