Three years ago, the city went through a hotly debated election over a proposal to spend $40 million raised by tax increment financing in support of a proposed commercial and housing development on two blocks of West Broadway.
What does TIF stand for?
TIF stands for Tax Increment Financing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TIF
We have 145 other meanings of TIF in our Acronym Attic
- Toyota Industrial Equipment, S.A. (France)
- Time Encoded Spatial Display
- Travel Industry Exchange Settlement Solutions (International Air Transport Association)
- Tennenbaum Institute for Enterprise Transformation (Georgia Tech University)
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Tickoo Institute of Emerging Technologies (India)
- Tactics Improvement Proposa
- Tagged Image File (file name extension)
- Taif Regional Airport, Saudi Arabia (IATA Code)
- Tape Inventory File
- Taxpayer Information File
- Teacher Incentive Fund
- Technical Information File/Field
- Technical Interface Unit
- Technician Induced Failure
- Technology and Interoperability Facility
- Technology Integration Facility
- Technology Involved Female
- Telecommunications and Internet Federation (Ireland)
- Telecommunications Infrastructure Fund (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A $500 million tax increment financing (TIF) agreement with GCE was approved en August 6, 2009 by the Prichard City Council.
BY PASSING ACT 2231 DURING its 2005 regular session, the Arkansas General Assembly made significant changes to Arkansas' tax increment financing law and the use of tax increment financing ("TIF") districts.
In recent years, the use of tax increment financing (TIFs) to fund infrastructure projects has increased substantially.
In addition, summaries are provided for three of these consensuses: recognition of special assessments and obligations of tax increment financing entities and revenue recognition for freight carriers and nonutility generators.