tax identification number - this could be an Employee Identification Number (EIN) for a business, or an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
What does TIN stand for?
TIN stands for Tax Identification Number
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TIN
We have 69 other meanings of TIN in our Acronym Attic
- There Is More Than One Way To Do It
- There Is More Than One Way to do This
- Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Technologie in Medizin Und Gesundheitswesen (German: Technology in Medicine and Healthcare Association; Bonn, Germany)
- Turkish International Model United Nations
- Transportation, Inventory, Movement, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, Defects (production mneumonic)
- This Inquiring Mind Wants to Know
- Transplant Information Management System
- Tactical Intelligence Network (USFK specific)
- Task Implementation Notice
- Tax Information Number
- Taxpayer Identification Number
- Technical Interoperability Network
- Tele-Electronic Identification Number
- Telecentro de Informações e Negócios (Portugese, Brasil)
- Telecom Italia Net (Italian internet service provider)
- Temporary Identification Number
- Terminal Indicate Number
- Testicular Intraepithelial Neoplasia
- Texas Innocence Network (University of Houston; Houston, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many AICPA members have received emails from companies that are publishing and promoting a list of persons who have registered with the IRS for a preparer tax identification number.
The Eleventh Circuit held that the fee the IRS charges to issue preparer tax identification numbers (PTINs) to tax return preparers, who are required to use the PTINs on returns they prepare, is valid because the PTIN confers a special benefit on the preparers: the privilege to prepare tax returns for others for compensation (Jesse E.
000 tax return preparers who have Preparer Tax Identification Numbers can now renew their PTINs for the 2012 filing season.
On July 21, the IRS proposed (REG-139343-08) to begin charging all authorized tax preparers a $50 user fee to obtain or renew annually a preparer tax identification number (PTIN).
Summary: No customs clearance of goods will be possible from 10 January 2009 onwards without the presentation the Tax Identification Number (TIN), said Tuesday Customs Directorate in a release.
The cards can be used in some jurisdictions to acquire state identification cards and library cards, to open bank accounts and apply for tax identification numbers.