Monday, Lockheed Martin announced winning a $111 million modernized target acquisition designation sight/pilot night vision sensor performance-based logistics contract.
What does TADS/PNVS stand for?
TADS/PNVS stands for Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (Apache helicopter)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Threat Assessment Database System (US FEMA)
- Time and Attendance Distribution System
- Tourism Accommodation Development Survey (Australia)
- Tracking & Display System
- Tracking Acquisition Designation System
- Traffic Administration Data System
- Training Aids for Dam Safety (various locations)
- Training Aids, Devices and Simulators
- Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (Duke University)
- Tuition Aid Data Systems
- TB Alliance DOTS Support Association (South Africa)
- Tokyo Authorized Driving School Association (Tokyo, Japan)
- Train a Dog, Save a Warrior (therapy dog program)
- Tactical Automated Data Systems Office
- Tactical Digital Systems Office
- Tactical Automatic Digital Switching System
- Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations
- Tactical Automated Data System Standard
- Tactical Digital Standard
- Tactical Digital System Standards
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army's Apache Attack Helicopter, which adds a low-light-level display capability to the AH-64D Apache's combat-proven Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS), or Arrowhead, system.
Other items in the October Apache package included 30 modernized target acquisition designation sight/pilot night vision sensors, 17 AN/APG-78 fire control radar and AN/APR-48 radar frequency interferometers, 69 T700-GE-701D turbine engines, 1,000 AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire missiles, and 66 M299 Hellfire Longbow missile launchers.