13,14) In a Dalmatian dog model, decreased urinary excretion of 2 urine inhibitors of crystallization, Tamm-Horsfall protein and glycosaminoglycans, were found in dogs with a tendency to develop uric acid calculi.
What does THP stand for?
THP stands for Tamm-Horsfall Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THP
We have 162 other meanings of THP in our Acronym Attic
- Thotagamuwa Tsunami Relief Environment Health Project (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- The Holiest of the Holies
- Training Hub for Operative Technologies in Healthcare (UK)
- Technical Hands on Training System
- The Hub of the Universe
- Transit Homeless Outreach Unit (New York Police Department; New York, NY)
- Tiffany Hobbies of Ypsilanti (model rocket company; Michigan)
- Take Home Package (lessons learned and recommendations resulting from military exercise)
- Take Home Pay (net wages)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PRIMARY CILIA Experimental data show that CDKs can be theoretically unified in the genes implicated in each case (40); proteins encoded by these genes are localized on renal epithelial cells and specifically on the primary cilium itself or the basal body and centrosome, with the only known exception being the gene product of MCKD2, Tamm-Horsfall protein (THP).
One of the discovered genes, the UMOD gene, produces Tamm-Horsfall protein, the most common protein in the urine of healthy individuals, which was recently found to be linked with chronic kidney disease risk.
Tamm-Horsfall protein in patients with kidney damage and diabetes.