After pro-independence President Chen Shui-bian of the Democratic Progressive Party narrowly won the election and ended the Nationalist's 51-year-rule in 2000, Koh, the former chairman of the radical Taiwan Independence Party and then the World United Formosans for Independence, was appointed as one of the conveners of the Human Rights Advisory Committee under the President Office.
What does TAIP stand for?
TAIP stands for Taiwan Independence Party
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TAIP
We have 9 other meanings of TAIP in our Acronym Attic
- Total Asset Integrity Management (various companies)
- Trial of Antihypertensive Interventions and Management (medical study)
- Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Media Association (Australia)
- Traitement et Analyse de l'Information : Méthodes et Applications
- Texas Association for Infant Mental Health
- Tomahawk Asset Inventory Management System
- The Answer Is No
- Turkish Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks Symposium
- Tercom-Aided Inertial Navigation System
- Tunable Active Inductor Oscillator
- Terminal Area Improvement Program (San José, CA)
- Thin Film Analog Image Processor
- Transportes Aéreos da Índia Portuguesa
- Treatment Alternatives to Incarceration Program
- Trimble ASCII Interface Protocol
- Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association
- Tactical Assistants for Interaction Planning and Execution
- Trans-American Institute of Professional Studies, Inc. (Nebraska career school)
- Towed Array Integrated Product Team (US Navy)
- Test Assembly Inspection Record (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TAIPEI, April 7 Kyodo The founders of the four-year-old Taiwan Independence Party (TAIP) urged the dissolution Friday of their radical pro-independence group, saying its historic mission to topple the long-ruling Nationalist Party (KMT) has been fulfilled.