Speculation is growing that Wang Yi, a former ambassador to Japan who currently heads the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, or the Cabinet, will be elected to the post in what may be a sign of willingness by the new leadership to improve relations with Japan at a time when the two countries are locking horns over the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea, administered by Japan but claimed by China.
What does TAOSC stand for?
TAOSC stands for Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Technology for Autonomous Operational Survivability (USAF First Step satellite mission)
- Terminal Area Optics System
- The Arbiter of Storms (hazard modeling system)
- The Association of Sanctuaries
- Tobacco, Alcohol and Other Substances
- Total Atmosphere-Ocean Server
- Transmission, Access and Optical Systems
- Travel Allowance on Separation
- True Access Operating System (Lucent Technologies)
- Turkish-American Ophthalmic Society
- Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (journal)
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (movie/TV show)
- Target Area Orientation Training (US Army)
- Transportable Air Operations Tower (aeronautical engineering; Australia)
- The Adventures of Us
- The Ascension of Vigil (video game)
- Air Portugal (ICAO code)
- T1 Access Partitioning (Sprint)
- Table-Driven Aborting Protocol
- Tachyon Access Point (Tachyon, Inc. satellite ISP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The sources revealed that the representative office will be sited in the Taipei 101 skyscraper and have a staff of 7-8 persons initially, including officials from Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, in addition to Li.
We are willing to join hands with Taiwan s all walks of life on the basis of continuing to oppose Taiwan independence ," the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, or cabinet, said in a statement released late Saturday.
Today Lin is scheduled to have a lunch meeting with Wang Yi, director of Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse, and will visit Jia Qinglin, chairman and party secretary of the National Committee of the People's Political Consultative Conference, in the afternoon.
Chen, director of the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, vowed in the speech to promote cross-strait peace and development, according to Chinese state-run media.
We will not sit back and look on unconcerned should the post-election situation in Taiwan get out of control, leading to social turmoil, endangering the lives and property of Taiwan compatriots and affecting stability across the Taiwan Strait,'' a spokesman for the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency.
Li Weiyi, spokesman of the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council of China, said Wednesday that Japan ''should not give pro-Taiwan independence forces a stage for activities.
Chinese provinces such as Fujian and Hainan have climates, land and dialects similar to those in Taiwan, so Taiwanese farmers should consider planting more orchards and seedlings in the mainland,'' agricultural officials said at a press conference organized by the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council.