The Tactical Tomahawk (which is the conventional variant) adds important enhancements to the Block III version's inertial navigation system, Tercom terrain contour matching system, Digital Scene Matching Area Correlation (DSMAC) system, GPS, navigation, control and mission computer suite leading to a reported CEP (Circular Error of Probability) of less than 10 metres and lower production costs.
What does TACTOM stand for?
TACTOM stands for Tactical Tomahawk
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Ti Amo Con Tutto Il Cuore (Italian: I Love You With All My Heart)
- Tactical Information And Command System
- Tactical Information Control System
- The Automated Conveying and Transfer of Intermodal Cargo Shipments (EU)
- Theater Air Control Training Information Computer System (US Air Force)
- Thrombolysis and Counterpulsation to Improve Cardiogenic Shock Survival (clinical study; cardiology)
- Tri-Service Advanced Countermeasures and Threats Integrated Combat Simulation
- Tactical Information Control System, Version II
- Technology as an Agent of Change in Teaching and Learning
- Te Amo con Todo Mi Corazon (Spanish: I Love You with All of My Heart)
- Texas Association of Collegiate Testing Personnel
- Tactical Training Group, Atlantic
- Tactical Training Group, Pacific
- Tactical Air Combat Training System
- Tactical Aircrew Combat Training System
- Tactical Trunk Signaling
- The Arlington Community Temporary Shelter (Virginia)
- Tactical Aircrew Combat Training System/Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation
- Teens Achieving Community Through Training (South Bend, IN)
- Teachers of Accounting at Two-Year Colleges
Samples in periodicals archive:
Louis has received $8 million in contracts from Raytheon Missile Systems to provide complex cable assemblies and an integrated firing unit assembly for the tactical Tomahawk cruise missile.
is being awarded a $30,712,000 ceiling-priced letter contract for the design, development, and production to modify the United States Navy Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System for use on the United Kingdom ASTUTE Class Submarine for the Government of the United Kingdom under the Foreign Military Sales Program.
One of the latest occurred in 2003 with the advent of the Tactical Tomahawk (Tactom) Block IV.
The tactical Tomahawk, unlike its predecessor, can be redirected in flight.