NYSE: HRS) have delivered the 100th two-channel, KOR-24 Small Tactical Terminal that expands the availability of situational awareness data to military users at the tactical edge.
What does TACTERM stand for?
TACTERM stands for Tactical Terminal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Tactical Towed Array System
- Tactical Towed-Array Sonar
- Tactical Towed-Array Sonar System
- Tactical Tower Array Surveillance System
- Trustees Association of Community and Technical Colleges (Washington)
- Tactical Communications
- Texas Administrators of Continuing Education
- Texas Association of College Technical Educators
- Totally Advanced Communications Technology
- Tactical Trunk Encryption Device
- Ti Amo Con Tutto Il Cuore (Italian: I Love You With All My Heart)
- Tactical Information And Command System
- Tactical Information Control System
- The Automated Conveying and Transfer of Intermodal Cargo Shipments (EU)
- Theater Air Control Training Information Computer System (US Air Force)
- Thrombolysis and Counterpulsation to Improve Cardiogenic Shock Survival (clinical study; cardiology)
- Tri-Service Advanced Countermeasures and Threats Integrated Combat Simulation
- Tactical Information Control System, Version II
- Technology as an Agent of Change in Teaching and Learning
- Te Amo con Todo Mi Corazon (Spanish: I Love You with All of My Heart)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SMART-T, or Secure Mobile Anti-jam Reliable Tactical Terminal system, is designed to give troops satellite communication abilities that allow them access to real-time video, battlefield mapping and targeting data, Raytheon reported.
[ILLUSTRATIONS OMITTED] Real time coordination between all the services is what the AN/USC-55A, NSN 5895-01-443-9072, and AN/USC-55B, NSN 5895-01-443-8178, commander's tactical terminal three channel (CTT3) are all about.
Operations training consist of a combination of live and simulated data links to JSTARS (Surveillance and Control Datalink (SCDL) and satellite communications (SATCOM)), Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) nodes of TRAP Data Dissemination System (TDDS), Tactical Information Broadcast System (TIBS) and Tactical Reconnaissance Intelligence Exchange System (TRIXS) using the Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) radio.
Our experience and broad portfolio of existing antenna and RF products, coupled with the technology Radyne brings in the TM-20, yields field- configurable mobile and tactical terminals capable of unsurpassed performance in satellite communication or troposcatter modes of operation.
Forecast International's study did not specifically address the market for satellite communications ground terminals, but Edwards agreed with other experts that the Defense Department will need to step up investments in tactical terminals, to keep up with the rising demand for non-line-of-sight military communications.