It applies to tactical reconnaissance units themselves as well as the units they support and the enemy units they are trying to find.
What does Tac-R stand for?
Tac-R stands for Tactical Reconnaissance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 5 other meanings of Tac-R in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Advanced Computer 3
- Tactical Advanced Computer (US Navy)
- Tactical Air Controller - Airborne
- Tactical Autonomous Combat-Chassis
- Tehran Advanced Communication Center (language training; Iran)
- Tactical Deception
- Tactical Desk (deployable office system)
- Tactical Advanced Computer-Joint Workstation
- next generation Tactical Advanced Computer
- Tactical Command Package
- Tactical Remote Receiving System
- Tactical Auxiliary Crane Ship (used in prepositioning US Army equipment)
- Tactical Sensor-Intelligence Sharing (trademark of AAI Corporation)
- Tactical Specialized Management Center (US FEMA)
- Tactical Computer-X (program redesignated as ITEC)
- Tactical Development & Evaluation
- Tactical Reconnaissance
- Tactical/Tabular Display Monitor
- Tactical Air Control/Tactical Air Defense System
- Theater Army Command and Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ROK Air Force plans to create a tactical reconnaissance wing led by the 737 AEW&C aircraft by 2012.
Confronting anti-electronic warfare, tactical reconnaissance measures, tracing and chasing enemy aircrafts, reconnaissance flights, identifying and combating enemy's anti-electronic measures, assessing civil defense measures of the forces involved in the exercises were among other defense tasks tested during the drills.
During this period, O'Malley was a colonel and vice commander of the 432d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, which flew many of the missions in question.
lt;p>Goodrich's DB-110 digital, real-time, tactical reconnaissance system allows pilots to capture images day or night using electro-optical sensor technology.
Using fixed-wing and rotary aircraft, including the Sioux, Cessna 180, Bell Kiowa and Pilatus Turbo-Porter, it was in Vietnam almost until the end of our involvement, conducting tactical reconnaissance, artillery spotting, light transport and other sorties.
a leading manufacturer of tactical reconnaissance cameras, is designed to be mounted to a number of vehicles, including the M1114 up-armored Humvee for armored scouts and military police.
Here we will revisit the age-old use of the tactical reconnaissance element--the selection, training, and operations of the scouts.
The tank will be known in the UK as the Tracer, which stands for Tactical Reconnaissance Armoured Combat Equipment Requirements.
Tactical Reconnaissance in the Cold War: 1945 to Korea, Cuba, Vietnam and the Iron Curtain, By Doug Gordon.
At the time a flight lieutenant, he was a tactical reconnaissance Hurricane pilot assigned to 451 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
The SHARP system is an all-digital tactical reconnaissance system capable of wide-area coverage at long ranges in both visible and infrared wavelengths.
The study focused on the four tactical reconnaissance systems that the Interim Brigade Combat Team's (IBCT) Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and TargetAcquisition (RSTA) Squadron would employ through 2010.
SIKA, a venture between British Aerospace and Lockheed Martin, submitted its proposal to develop the Tactical Reconnaissance Armoured Vehicle Requirement (TRACER) for the British and US armies.