In the same way the Osprey revolutionizes assault support, the F-35B Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) will revolutionize tactical air support of ground forces.
What does TAS stand for?
TAS stands for Tactical Air Support
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAS
We have 446 other meanings of TAS in our Acronym Attic
- Trust Agency for Rural Development (NGO, Gambia)
- Training Assessment Reporting and Utilization System
- The Arc for the River Valley (Arkansas; Oklahoma)
- Truck and Rail Van System
- Texas Association of Registered Veterinary Technicians (est. 1977; Houston, TX)
- Tasmanian Amateur Race Walking Club (Tasmania, Australia)
- Target Weather Information
- Tall Boy Range and Azimuth Only
- Tacoma Astronomical Society (Washington)
- Tactical Adjustment System
- Tactical Air-automated System
- Tactical Aircraft Survivability
- Tactical Airlift Squadron
- Tactical Airsoft Supply (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Tactical Arctic Sonobuoy
- Tactical ASW Sonar (Decision Aid)
- Tactical Atmospheric Summary
- Tactical Automatic Switch
- Tactical Sonobuoy (Decision Aid)
- Tahquamenon Area Schools (Newberry, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
an Aerospace/Defense Services contractor that offers tactical aviation services, aerial refueling, aircraft maintenance, and other Aerospace/Defense services to the United States and Foreign militaries and agencies, is pleased to announce that it is has executed a letter of intent ("the "LOI") with its pending merger partner, Tactical Air Support, Inc.
He praised Latvia's obliging attitude, its hosting of NATO training operations, and expressed interest to develop tactical air support controller training in Latvia.
It said the advisers, tactical air support, medical evacuation teams and supplies were going directly to South Vietnamese troops.