The findings also added to an already well-established body of science that HFCS and table sugar are metabolically equivalent.
What does C12H22O11 stand for?
C12H22O11 stands for Table Sugar (sucrose; common chemical formula)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Capital One
- Composition 1 (plastic explosive)
- CPU State 1 (non-executing computing mode)
- Cyclopentolate 1% Eyedrops
- Schedule I Controlled Substance (USA)
- Committee of 100 for Tibet (Palo Alto, CA)
- Christian Business Group (Tampa, FL)
- Concentration at 12 Hours (also seen as C12 h)
- Commodore 128 (home computer)
- Canonicalization (Canonical XML)
- Commodore 16 (home computer)
- Cessna 172 (airliner; Cessna Aircraft Company)
- Circular 175 (interagency process for authorization to negotiate and conclude cooperation agreements; coordinated by US Department of State)
- Combat 18
- International Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Collagen Induced Arthritis (autoimmune disease)
- C1q (Component 1 Subcomponent Q)-Binding Immune Complexes
- Cadet 1st Class
- Enhanced CPU State 1 (power-saving mode, computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So diabetics must not take table sugar or any other form of simple sugar.
The organizations also point out that the original report of the President's Cancer Panel argues that farm subsidies "lead to increased production of HFCS, implies that such increased production leads to lower prices and greater consumption, and suggests that HFCS promotes weight gain and obesity more than does table sugar.
Does high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) promote obesity more than ordinary table sugar, as a recent study contended?