Almost all of the tumors showed mutations in a gene called TP53, known for its role in repairing damaged DNA.
What does TIGAR stand for?
TIGAR stands for TP53 (Tumor Protein 53)-Induced Glycolysis and Apoptosis Regulator
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of TIGAR in our Acronym Attic
- Tungsten Inert Gas (Welding)
- Tazarotene-Induced Gene 1
- Tazarotene-Induced Gene 2
- Tazarotene-Induced Gene 3
- Technology in Government in Africa (UN Economic Commission for Africa)
- Tennessee Insurance Guaranty Association
- Texas Independent Ginners Association
- Texas Instruments Graphics Architecture
- Transitional Islamic Government of Afghanistan
- Truncated Icosahedral Gravitational Wave Antenna
- Toxic-Metabolic; Idiopathic; Genetic; Autoimmune; Recurrent and Severe Acute Pancreatitis; Obstructive (pancreatitis causes)
- Tiszántúli Gázszolgáltató Zrt. (Hungarian regional gas supplier)
- Technic Invest Group Construct (Romania)
- Terceira Island Golf Club (Portugal)
- Texas Instruments Graphing Calculator
- Thrombosis Interest Group of Canada
- Toronto Independent Games Conference (gaming website)
- Toronto Indoor Golf Club (Canada)
- Texas Instruments GNU Cross Compiler
- Thermosphere Ionosphere General Circulation Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
TARGET AMPLICON REGIONS Nine regions in 4 frequently mutated oncogenes were evaluated: exons 5-10 of the TP53 (tumor suppressor protein 53) gene, exon 2 of the KRAS gene, exon 4 of the IDH1 [isocitrate dehydrogenase subunit 1 ([NADP.
HCC often harbors a TP53 tumor suppressor gene mutation at codon 249 (R249S).
By examining how additional copies of the mutant oncogene accumulated, they found that complex changes in TP53 occurred earlier in most cases, rather than later, as had been previously believed.
Recent data suggest that the vast majority of patients with del 17p had mutations of the remaining allele of the TP53 gene located in the deleted region of 17p (48).
Sailing aboard the TP53 EoACAyFreefire' owned by Hong Kong businessman Sam Chan, the guest crew EoAC" led by Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing skipper Ian Walker EoAC" put in an impressive performance to take line honours after a compelling wire-to-wire race, finishing in 61 hours 53 minutes EoAC" nearly an hour ahead of the chasing pack.