A TCP/IP offload engine helps deliver greater network throughput and efficiency by offloading the TCP/IP processing to a dedicated processor.
What does TOE stand for?
TOE stands for TCP/IP Offload Engine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of TOE
We have 71 other meanings of TOE in our Acronym Attic
- Take Our Daughters to Work
- Take Our Daughters To Work Day
- Twin Otter Doppler Wind Lidar
- Table of Elements
- Table of Organization & Equipment
- Tales of Eternia (game)
- Target of Evaluation
- Target Operating Environment
- Task, Object, Event (computer programming)
- TCO (Transmission Control Protocol) Offload Engine
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chelsio's TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE) and iSCSI acceleration adapters are well known as the highest-performing TCP offload and acceleration technology in the industry and are the only 10G TOE adapters available.
Chelsio's TCP/IP offload engine (TOE) technology enables higher CPU throughput, extending the application performance of servers and resulting in lower total cost of ownership for data centers.
The TCP/IP offload engine (TOE) comes the closest to being a pure protocol processor and has as its core purpose, the offloading of TCP/IP protocols from the host processor to the hardware on the adapter or in the system.