In the 4,736-patient Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP), a chlorthalidone-based stepped-care regimen for isolated systolic hypertension resulted in a 32% reduction in total major cardiovascular events during 5 years of follow-up.
What does SHEP stand for?
SHEP stands for Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (clinical trial)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHEP
We have 23 other meanings of SHEP in our Acronym Attic
- Specific Human Emotional Nexus (a physio-emotional release therapy)
- Spiritual Heritage Education Network
- Sydney Home Education News (Australia)
- Satureja Hortensis Essential Oil
- State Higher Education Officers (Arizona community college system)
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Program
- Sambura Health and Education Project
- School Health Education Program
- Sexual Harassment Education Project
- Survey of Healthcare Experience of Patients (US VA)
- Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program Pilot Study
- Sandler Hazary Questionnaire and Eysenck Personality Inventory
- Saskatchewan Healthcare Employees' Pension Plan (Canada)
- Sexual Health Education and Pleasure Project (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Society of Health Education and Promotion Specialists (UK)
- Safety, Health, Environment, Quality
- School Health Efficacy Questionnaire
- School Health Education Resources (National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion)
- Society for Himalayan Environmental Research (India)
- Safety, Health, Environmental, Regulatory Affairs