According to the researchers, "The identification of novel systemic acquired resistance components may be useful for plant protection and provides new insight into how some interactions trigger systemic plant immunity.
What does SAR stand for?
SAR stands for Systemic Acquired Resistance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAR
We have 496 other meanings of SAR in our Acronym Attic
- System Access Request
- System Acquired Resistance
- System Acquisition Report
- System Activity Reporting
- System Address Register
- System Anomaly Report
- System Architecture
- System Archive
- System Archive Retrieval
- Système d'Accès au Réseau (French: Network Access System)
- Systems Analysis Recording
- Systems Assurance Review
- Synthetic Aperture Radar Phase History
- Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis and Bronchial Asthma (respiratory system)
- Suspicious Activity Report for Casinos and Card Clubs
- Suspicious Activity Report by Money Services Business
- Soccer Australia Referees North Queensland
- Segmentation And Reassembly Protocol Data Unit
- Short Annular Ring Reduced Surface Wave (antenna type)
- Suspicious Activity Report for Securities Brokers and Dealers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Plant scientists first encountered the phenomenon, called systemic acquired resistance (SAR), in the 1930s.
Ultimately, the researchers would like to understand enough about how systemic acquired resistance develops to create a "vaccine" that would mobilize this defense system prior to any infection, she adds.
Furthermore, while studying systemic acquired resistance in Arabidopsis, Summermater et al.
The phenomenon is called systemic acquired resistance.