She introduces them to research methods and different kinds of research evidence, including qualitative, descriptive, correlation, experimental, and cohort research and systematic reviews, incorporating seven research articles in the first section.
What does SR stand for?
SR stands for Systematic Review
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SR
We have 157 other meanings of SR in our Acronym Attic
- Survival Rate
- Sveriges Riksdag (Swedish: Sveriges Radio)
- Swan River (Canada)
- Swiss Air (Airline of Switzerland)
- Symbol Rate
- Synchronizing Resources (concurrent programmming language)
- Synchrotron Radiation
- Synthetic Rubber
- System Requirement
- Senior Agent
- Senior Engineer
- Short Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Strikes, Riots and Civil Commotions
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality (US NASA)
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality Assurance
- Shake Rattle and Roll
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Sturgis Rally and Race Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Cochrane group relayed the definition of a systematic review and the overall structure of the objectives and methods for a Cochrane review.
Comprehensive Systematic Review for Advanced Nursing Practice.
With their origins in medical research, systematic reviews synthesize all the available research on a topic.
For those working on a specific or well-defined topic in which there is a paucity of knowledge, the systematic review may be preferred to the less precise review.
Investigators from the universities of Exeter & Plymouth (Exeter, UK) and the Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine (Daejeon, South Korea) critically evaluated systematic reviews of acupuncture as a treatment of pain in order to explore this question.
What clinicians can be more uncertain about are issues such as how to distinguish a good systematic review from a poor one, how to appraise a meta-analysis, how to critically appraise a clinical guideline, and how to review qualitative research.