uk Global Banking News - 01 November 2011 The central bank of Singapore has reprimanded Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp (OCBC) (SIN: 039) for system failures, Reuters said.
What does SF stand for?
SF stands for System Failure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SF
We have 147 other meanings of SF in our Acronym Attic
- Sustained Fire
- Svensk Film (Swedish Film)
- Sveriges Fotterapeuter (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Swiss Franc
- Switchfoot (band)
- Symptom Free (illnesses)
- Synchronization Flag
- Synovial Fluid
- Synthetic Forces (US government simulation community)
- Syphon Filter (video game)
- Speculative Fiction Canada (science fiction enthusiasts)
- San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate (also seen as SFCASA)
- Neighbor to Neighbor San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco Women on the Web (San Francisco, CA; also seen as SFWow)
- Standard Format and Content Guidance
- Saturated Fat plus Dextrose
- Saturated Fat and Ethanol
- Medical Outcomes Study 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey (Health Institute; New England Medical Center; Boston, MA)
- Short Fault - Address Lines
- Signal Fail-Bit Error Rate
Samples in periodicals archive:
United said that the system failure affected "departures, airport processing, and reservations" which caused flights not to be able to take off from some locations including its hub in San Francisco International Airport (SFO) The airline cited "a network connectivity issues" as the reason for the computer systems failure which were fixed through "troubleshooting procedures" United Airlines and Continental Airlines closed a merger deal several months ago on October 1, 2010.
While portions of the book cover component failure mechanisms, the focus is on causes of system failure, such as complex component and subsystem interactions that don't involve failing parts.
AVOID THE HORROR No one knows when--or if--a systems failure will occur, which is why it's even more important for your firm, and your clients, to develop, maintain and regularly test a disaster recovery plan to mitigate the losses due to a system failure.
This specification is based on a model and a set of assumptions about system failure.
0 Deluxe will have the ability to recover files, system configuration and operating system instantly when system failure occurs.
Y2K and the Environment It's well-known that the Y2K computer problem--a limitation embedded in basic programming code that will cause machines all over the world to think that the year 2000 is actually 1900--could mean catastrophic operating system failures, power outages and other disasters.
Documentation will also come in handy if you decide to bring a suit of your own in connection with a Y2K-related system failure.