This makes more room for the synovial fluid to expand into.
What does SF stand for?
SF stands for Synovial Fluid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SF
We have 146 other meanings of SF in our Acronym Attic
- Surface Search Radar
- Survivor Function
- Surya Foundation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Sustained Fire
- Svensk Film (Swedish Film)
- Sveriges Fotterapeuter (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Swiss Franc
- Switchfoot (band)
- Symptom Free (illnesses)
- Synchronization Flag
- Synthetic Forces (US government simulation community)
- Syphon Filter (video game)
- System Failure
- Speculative Fiction Canada (science fiction enthusiasts)
- San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate (also seen as SFCASA)
- Neighbor to Neighbor San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco Women on the Web (San Francisco, CA; also seen as SFWow)
- Standard Format and Content Guidance
- Saturated Fat plus Dextrose
- Saturated Fat and Ethanol
Samples in periodicals archive:
1,3) Synovial fluid functions as a transport medium for nutritional substances to the avascular articular cartilage and aids in the mechanical function of joints by lubricating the articulating surfaces.
Washington, Oct 24 (ANI): Lubricin, a synovial fluid glycoprotein, reduces wear to bone cartilage, a team of researchers in North Carolina has discovered.
3] of cloudy fluid; synovial fluid analysis showed 666x[10.
Conrad considers fluid in a broad sense, encompassing cerebral-spinal fluid, cellular fluid, blood, membranes, and synovial fluid.
The structure that holds the joint synovial fluid is called the joint capsule.
VIENNA -- The many physicians who don't routinely perform synovial fluid analysis to confirm the diagnosis of gout are doing their patients a disservice, Eliseo Pascual, M.
Several studies have shown the lack of sensitivity of microscopic examination of synovial fluid for MSU or CPPD crystals [sensitivity, 78% (1) and 79% (2) for MSU and 12% (1) and 67% (2) for CPPD].