Patient-reported symptom severity scores on the validated Uterine Fibroid Symptom and Quality-of-Life (UFS-Q0L) questionnaire decreased from a mean of 61.
What does SSS stand for?
SSS stands for Symptom Severity Score
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSS
We have 774 other meanings of SSS in our Acronym Attic
- Support Service Subcontractor
- Surround Sound System
- Survivable Satellite System
- Survivable Storage System
- Suspended Substrate Stripline
- Suzuki Swift Sport (automotive)
- Swiss Speleological Society
- Sybase SQL Server
- Symbolic Shorthand System (for Physiology and Medicine)
- Symmetric Storage Systems (EMC)
- Syndromic Surveillance System (public health)
- System Safety Society
- System Segment Specification
- System Support Services
- System Support Specialist
- System Support Staff (various locations)
- System/Subsystem Specification
- Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Renewable Energy
- Side Side Side Similarity
- Sick Sinus Syndrome 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
The symptom severity score is determined by rating on a scale of zero to three, three being the most pervasive, the severity of three common symptoms: fatigue, waking unrefreshed, and cognitive symptoms.
A total symptom severity score was created for each time point by-summing ratings for all symptoms.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) scale and impact of event scale (IES) results of Group 1 patients Patients with attacks (n = 23) PTSD (+) 11 Social dysfunctioning (+) 15 mild 5 moderate-severe 10 Symptom severity score [+ or -] SE 16.
Moreover, for most of the disorders, at least three-quarters of the people who met the DSM-IV diagnostic criteria also had symptom severity scores placing them in the clinically significant range.
Even though men and women experienced the same amount of trauma, women had higher PTSD symptom severity scores than men in all three evaluations.
Outcomes: Primary outcome measure was the self-reported Levine symptom severity score and a 30-day worst-discomfort rating on a visual analog scale at 3, 6, and 12 months.
If the patient scores above 10 on the assessment scale, the physician is contacted and dosing of lorazepam is initiated--the dose is based on the symptom severity score (Table 1).