An annual prize, it will require composers aged 25 and under to write a new work for a different genre each year, with submissions for its first outing needing to be scored for symphonic wind orchestra.
What does SWO stand for?
SWO stands for Symphonic Wind Orchestra (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SWO
We have 46 other meanings of SWO in our Acronym Attic
- Stoners World Order
- Stop Work Order
- Strategic Workforce Optimization
- Student Welfare Officer
- Supercritical Water Oxidation
- Surface Warfare Officer
- Susquehanna Wrestling Organization (York, PA)
- Swainarayan World Organization
- Swaminarayan World Organization
- Swordfish (FAO fish species code)
- Social Workers On Acid (underground magazine)
- South West Orienteering Association (UK)
- Southern Wisconsin Officials Association
- Southwest Ohio Assembly of the Church of God
- St. Welzijn Ouderen Arnhem (Dutch: Arnhem Elderly Welfare Foundation; Netherlands)
- Stichting Welzijn Ouderen Arnhem (Dutch: Arnhem Elderly Welfare Foundation; Netherlands)
- Social Welfare Organization for Ampara District
- Southwest Ohio Association for Financial Professionals (Cincinnati, OH)
- Small Woodland Owners Association of Maine
- Southwestern Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
St Paul's Hall, University of Huddersfield: University Orchestra and symphonic Wind Orchestra tonight at 7.
Although Birmingham Conservatoire Symphonic Wind Orchestra has a proud history of overcoming the dispiriting effect of poor audiences, yesterday's sadly low turnout cannot have failed to disappoint.
For the big sound of the University Symphonic Wind Orchestra and Brass Band, then April 22 and a 7.
The Symphonic Wind Orchestra will play works byHolst, Borodin, Grainger, Hultgren and Woolfenden.
The concerts begin on Monday, June 23, with the University Symphonic Wind Orchestra and Brass Band, conducted by Phillip McCann (pictured).
Phillip McCann conducts the University Brass Band and Symphonic Wind Orchestra who are in action on Tuesday (June 19) at the same venue.
The University Symphonic Wind Orchestra gets its chance to shine on Monday 19 March at 7.