It is a sad reality that a very high percentage of transgender women, especially transgender women of color, depend on sex work for their very survival, a phenomenon that has long been studied by organizations such as the Sylvia Rivera Law Project in New York City, and the TransHealth Information Project in Philadelphia.
What does SRLP stand for?
SRLP stands for Sylvia Rivera Law Project (New York, NY)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SRLP
We have 2 other meanings of SRLP in our Acronym Attic
- Single-Region Lung Model (respiration physiology)
- Strata Radiatum-Lacunosum-Moleculare
- Systematic Reviewing in Laboratory Medicine
- Solubilized Rat Liver Microsomal Protein
- Senior Reserve Liaison Officer
- Simplified Radio Link Protocol
- single-row layout problem
- Slow-Rate Listening Previewing (learning disabilities)
- Standardized Recording Lead Placement
- Suggested Retail List Price
- Spokane Regional Light Rail (transit; Spokane, WA)
- Stop Red Light Running (US FHWA)
- Synchronized Radio Link Reconfiguration (wireless communications)
- Sandhill Regional Library System (Rockingham, NC)
- Shaking Ray Levi Society
- Smith Roberts Land Services (land acquisition firm; Texas)
- Socially Responsible Leadership Scale (leadership development)
- Statesboro Regional Library System (Georgia)
- Stimulated Raman Loss Spectroscopy
- Sustainable Rural Livelihood Security (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
All three groups, the Audre Lord Project, QEJ and the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, represented by the Kaufman Organization, signed five-year leases for the 2,500-square-foot floors.
It's War in Here, a 2007 report by the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, documented trans women who were punished with fines or even solitary confinement because their bras were considered contraband.