By the time the Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts was established in 1833, the one in Hobart had more or less ceased to function, although it was revived later in the 1830s.
What does SMSA stand for?
SMSA stands for Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts (Australia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMSA
We have 47 other meanings of SMSA in our Acronym Attic
- Sheffield Malaysian Students Association (UK)
- Singapore Malaysian Student Association
- Smoky Mountain Soaring Association (aviation)
- Southern Maryland Sailing Association
- Sport and Medical Sciences Academy (Connecticut)
- Sprint Metropolitan Service Area
- Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Stittsville Minor Softball Association (Canada)
- Suomen Murteiden Sana-Arkisto (Finnish)
- Surrey Masonic Sports Association (UK)
- Society of Management Science and Applied Cybernetics
- Sekolah Menengah Sultan Abdul Halim (Malaysia; school alumni association)
- Subclinical to Mild Suspensory Apparatus Injury
- Spokane Mountaineers Search and Rescue (Spokane County Department of Emergency Management)
- Sundance Mountain Stables Animal Rescue (Tamassee, SC)
- Savage Man Savage Beast (movie)
- Shanghai Medical Security Bureau
- Siemens Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia)
- Södermalms Båtklubb (Swedish)
- Solomon Mutual Savings Bank (Seoul, South Korea)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A college was started at the Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts in 1873, and in 1878 the parliament allocated 20,000 [pounds sterling] for the erection of a building as part of the school's premises.