Even with corn prices at record highs, planting switchgrass on less productive acres often makes financial sense.
What does SG stand for?
SG stands for Switchgrass (botany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SG
We have 64 other meanings of SG in our Acronym Attic
- Supergrid (protocol)
- Supervivencia Global (Spanish: Overall Survival)
- Support Group
- Supporters Group
- Surface Search Radar (US Navy)
- Surgeon General
- Suriname Guilder (national currency)
- Swan-Ganz Catheter
- Symbol Generator
- Synchronizing Generator (video engineering)
- Sales, General and Administration (cost of doing business)
- Secrecy & Government Bulletin
- Intergraph Security, Government & Infrastructure
- Scenario Generation & Reconstruction
- Scenario Generation and Reconstruction Stand Alone
- Stargate SG-1 (TV series)
- Sampled Grating-Distributed Bragg Reflector
- Sub-Gridding with Domain Overriding
Samples in periodicals archive:
When Vogel started his switchgrass research in the 1970s, he focused on improving both the quality of livestock forages and the establishment of forages on pastures.
If an unknown protein doesn't show up on the simple sugars or cellulose, but it shows up on the switchgrass, then we can say something about that gene or protein--that it responds to something the switchgrass is providing.
Microbial enzymes in a cow's rumen--its primary digestion chamber--break down the switchgrass and turn it into sugar.
They placed small, mesh bags containing either milled alfalfa or switchgrass through a cannula (a permanent, surgically installed portal) into the cow rumen and examined the microbes that adhered to each plant type after two or three days.
Switchgrass can be replaced when necessary by corncobs and fiber.