After dialing the phone number of the second party, the original caller once again either presses the switch hook or flash button to conference.
What does SH stand for?
SH stands for Switch Hook
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SH
We have 68 other meanings of SH in our Acronym Attic
- Stuff Happens (polite form)
- Stupid Hero (band)
- Subtract Halfword (IBM)
- Super Heat (steam)
- Support Helicopter
- Supported Housing
- Surface Habitable (French: Living Space; measurement)
- Sweetheart (International Order of DeMolay)
- Switch Handler
- Symphony Hamilton (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
- Safety, Health & Environment (various companies)
- Shear-Horizontal Acoustic Plate Mode (also seen as SHAPM)
- Super Handling - All Wheel Drive
- Single-Hop Time Reservation Using Adaptive Control for Energy Efficiency (mobile cloud computing)
- Sitting Height to Height (ratio)
- Short Herbage and Scattered Faeces
- Ship's Serviceman First Class (Naval Rating)
- Shadow Hearts 2 (video game)
- Ship's Serviceman Second Class (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They will be forced to switch Hook back to centre after only just restoring him in his favourite outside-half position, with Scarlets pair Stephen Jones and Rhys Priestland battling for the No 10 starting spot.
The other option would be to switch Hook to outside-half.
But he argues if Henson does not return to rugby, Gatland must at least switch Hook from full-back to inside-centre to be in the thick of the decision-making process.
Gatland brushed aside any criticism of his decision to switch Hook and Roberts and believes the selection was justified.
But Jenkins' decision not to switch Hook to No 12, the position he filled with distinction against the Pacific Islanders a week ago, from outside-half last night could be significant.