Owner Leighton Naylor, 32, made a floating frame from tubing after swim bladder disease left the tiny fantail turning upside down and sinking.
What does SBD stand for?
SBD stands for Swim Bladder Disease (aka Swim Bladder Disorder; fish)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBD
We have 120 other meanings of SBD in our Acronym Attic
- Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT)
- State Budget Department
- Stochastic Battery Discharge
- Strategic Policy and Budget Division
- Strategy and Business Development
- Strategy Based Diagnostics
- Straw Bale Dike
- Success by Design
- Super Battle Droid (Star Wars)
- Single Binding Domain 2 (gene expression)
- Same Bug Different Application
- Science-Based Departments and Agencies (Canada)
- Ski Boat Driver Award (British Water Ski Federation; UK)
- Small Business Development Association
- Spokane Bird Dog Association
- Switched-Beam Diversity Antenna
- Santa Barbara DISORT Atmospheric Radiative Transfer
- Security Banner Data Template
- Small Business Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
30 &31 Animal magic Vet Scott Miller advises on a goldfish with swim bladder disease and a labrador who won't stop scratching.
A customer whose daughter is studying to be a vet discovered that he was probably suffering from swim bladder disease.
Swim bladder disease can also be caused through fungal infections so if it is not cured by simple treatments, you should ask for help at an aquarian shop.