The contrast-enhanced CT evaluation of a pulmonary mass after Swan-Ganz catheter placement helps differentiate IPAP from pulmonary infarct and limited parenchymal hemorrhages of other origins.
What does SG stand for?
SG stands for Swan-Ganz Catheter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SG
We have 64 other meanings of SG in our Acronym Attic
- Superglide (Shimano ramped and pinned chain rings)
- Supergrid (protocol)
- Supervivencia Global (Spanish: Overall Survival)
- Support Group
- Supporters Group
- Surface Search Radar (US Navy)
- Surgeon General
- Suriname Guilder (national currency)
- Switchgrass (botany)
- Symbol Generator
- Synchronizing Generator (video engineering)
- Sales, General and Administration (cost of doing business)
- Secrecy & Government Bulletin
- Intergraph Security, Government & Infrastructure
- Scenario Generation & Reconstruction
- Scenario Generation and Reconstruction Stand Alone
- Stargate SG-1 (TV series)
- Sampled Grating-Distributed Bragg Reflector
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pulmonary artery rupture associated with the Swan-Ganz catheter.
The increasing use of technology by anesthesiologists, such as the financially rewarding Swan-Ganz catheter insertion, has changed this situation somewhat.
There is no doubt that the Swan-Ganz catheter was a great advance in diagnostic cardiac catheterisation; whether it is a useful anaesthetic monitor is currently open to debate.
Edwards' Swan-Ganz catheter is considered the 'gold standard' for conventional hemodynamic monitoring," said Anita B.