NNA - Hamas military wing, Ezzeddeen Al-Qassam Brigades, announced Friday they downed an Israeli warplane with a surface-to-air missile, and claimed responsibility for firing a rocket towards western Jerusalem.
What does S-A stand for?
S-A stands for Surface-to-Air
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of S-A
We have 222 other meanings of S-A in our Acronym Attic
- Sangiran Hominid 2
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae Type 23
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae Type 27
- Operations Staff Officer
- Logistics Staff Officer
- Civil Affairs Section
- Safety and Arming Device (weapons firing component)
- Scientific Atlanta
- Simpson-Angus Extrapyramidal Effects Scale (also seen as SAS)
- Systemabfrage (key on German keyboards)
- Serum Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Activity
- Singleton Appropriate for Gestational Age
- Serum Activity of Alkaline Phosphatase
- Service-Motivated Adaptive Rate Transmission
- Stoer-Bulirsch (sampling algorithm)
- Stoer-Bulirsch Adaptive Frequency Sampling
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test, Fourth Edition
- Schnellbahn (German: suburban fast trains)
- Serum Bone-Specific Alkaline Phosphatase
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: A group of residents in London have dropped their legal action against plans to put surface-to-air missiles on the roof of their tower.
SURFACE-to-air missiles could be used to protect the skies over London during the Olympics, Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has said.
Summary: Large numbers of weapons, including surface-to-air missiles that could down commercial airliners, are still strewn around unguarded in Libya more than two months after Moammar Gadhafi was toppled in a civil war, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.
NATO warplanes in the last 24 hours destroyed, near Sirte, one radar system, eight surface-to-air missile systems, five surface-to-air missile trailers, one armed vehicle, and two air defense command vehicles belonging to pro-Gaddafi forces.
Many arms - including surface-to-air missiles - have already disappeared.