Zahm Professor of Science at the University of Notre Dame uses Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy to make use of silver nanoparticles to increase the sensitivity limit of chemical detection.
What does SERS stand for?
SERS stands for Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SERS
We have 39 other meanings of SERS in our Acronym Attic
- School Employees Retirement System
- Science and Engineering Research Semester
- Severe Errored Seconds (AT&T)
- Software Engineering Release System
- Space Erectable Radiator System
- Spacecraft Emergency Response System
- Special Emergency Radio Service (FCC)
- State Employees’ Retirement System (Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)
- State Endorsed Retirement System
- Submarine Escape and Rescue Service
- Systems and Electronic Resources Service (Oxford University library IT service)
- Southeastern Regional Seminar in African Studies
- South East Regional Service Center
- Servicios de Seguridad Consolidados (Spanish, Guatemala)
- Series of Events on Relations in the Sun-Earth System and Space Weather
- SATCOM Engineering Response Team
- School Emergency Response Team
- Seabee Engineering Reconnaissance Team (US DoD)
- Secretary's Emergency Response Team
- Security Emergency Response Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vibrational spectra were collected using surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy.
Krause and his colleagues built upon an existing technology called surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, which works by detecting spectral signatures of a near-infrared laser as it scatters off a biological specimen.