agricultural runoff, the Clean Water Act requires states to identify target surface water quality standards (subject to EPA approval) and to manage nonpoint-source pollution to achieve those standards.
What does SWQS stand for?
SWQS stands for Surface Water Quality Standards
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of SWQS in our Acronym Attic
- Software Quality Lab (Austria)
- Spreadsheet Water Quality Model (Alabama Department of Environmental Management)
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring
- Storm Water Quality Management Plan
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring Program
- Statutory Water Quality Objective
- South West Queensland Pipeline (Australia)
- Strategic Water Quality Plan (Colchester, VT)
- State Water Quality Protection Area (marine protected area; Sacramento, CA)
- Source Water Quality Protection Partnership Petitions
- Software Qualification Test
- Residual Water Saturation (petroleum engineering)
- Safe Withdrawal Rate (financial portfolio management)
- Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (game)
- Scheduler Work Area (IBM)
- Secondary Water Resistance
- Selected Web Resource
- Semi-Wind Resistive
- Semiconductor Wafer Representation
- She Wants Revenge (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lack of effective erosion controls resulted in violations of the wetlands regulations, the Surface Water Quality standards, and the order of conditions issued by the Charlton Conservation Commission.
It will feature a full day of programs addressing topics that include groundwater withdrawal and protection, surface water quality standards, state and federal wastewater and stormwater permitting and impaired waters in New Hampshire.