The US Navy admits that the project, called the 'unmanned surface vehicle precision engagement module' (USV PEM), is aimed at defeating threats that are straight out of Iran's war plans for the Persian Gulf region.
What does SV stand for?
SV stands for Surface Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SV
We have 61 other meanings of SV in our Acronym Attic
- Suceava County (Romania)
- Sudden Victory (wrestling)
- Süddeutscher Verlag (German publisher)
- Suggested Viewing
- Summer Vacation
- Sun Valley High School (Aston, Pennsylvania)
- Super Value
- Super Veloce (Lamborghini)
- Super Villain
- Support Vector (learning algorithms)
- Survival Vest
- Sweet Vermouth (alcoholic beverage)
- Systems View
- Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde e.V.
- Storiform Variant of Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma
- Service Validation and Testing (various companies)
- Software Verification and Validation
- System Verification and Validation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Autonomous Surface Vehicles is taking the ASV-6000 design forward with the ASV-9500.
Hakan Karalar, chairperson of the executive board of Global Teknik, told the AA on Friday that unmanned sea surface vehicle was 4 meters long and its speed reached 30 knots.
They have enough personnel, but they lack equipment and hardware, helicopters, surface vehicles, supplies and fuel," CSTO Secretary-General Nikolai Bordyuzha said.
Evaluators would combine the unmanned surface vehicle control and the payload operations onto one operator because the sweep operation is typically a low workload operation," said Vera Zaychik Moffitt, the principal investigator on the SUMMIT program.
Other subjects investigated include a honeypot scheme for distributed denial-of-service, active vibration control of flexible structures using piezoelectric materials, and design of an autonomous surface vehicle used for marine environment monitoring.