The angle determined between the surface wind stress and the surface drift velocity differs in general from the angle obtained by the classical Ekman solution (Cushman-Roisin 1994).
What does d stand for?
d stands for Surface Drift (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of d
We have 1 other meaning of d in our Acronym Attic
- Dublin (car registration identification)
- Duke (British title of nobility)
- Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Duty Factor
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Ohio (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Penny (old British penny)
- Pneumatic Post (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Radioplane Company (manufacturer's symbol)
- Tenacious D (band)
- Total Drift, Data (US DoD)
- Total Outside Dose (radiation)
- Tunisian Dinar (unit of currency)
- Undenominated United States Stamp (22 cents, introduced 17 Nov 1985)
- Dilation and Curettage
- Diamox 250 Mg (medicine dosage)
- Doctrine and Covenants (LDS Scripture)
- Doctor of Automobile Engineering (also seen as D AU ENG)
- Doctor of Automobile Engineering (also seen as D AU E)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The mismatch between the rates of hitting the coast and leaving the coast may stem from the different balance between the impact of the Ekman drift and the mean circulation and internal meso-scale dynamics on the surface drift in different seasons.
Management are introducing new mining techniques and equipment while driving a new surface drift and accessing a second seam.