The issue is the Fort Polk training area is not large enough to accommodate the standard surface danger zone (SDZ) roughly 30x30 kilometers to meet the 1:1,000,000 criteria from AR 385-63, Range Safety.
What does SDZ stand for?
SDZ stands for Surface Danger Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SDZ
We have 14 other meanings of SDZ in our Acronym Attic
- San Diego-Yokohama Sister City Ambassador Association (California and Japan)
- Stirling District Youth Theatre (est. 1985; UK)
- South Dakota Youth Wrestling
- Safety Danger Zone
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Bus Stop (Amtrak station code; San Diego, CA)
- Shankar Dada Zindabad (Indian film)
- Site du Zéro (French website)
- Srpski Drzavni Zeleznice (Serbian State Railway; Belgrade, Serbia)
- Süddeutsche Zeitung (German newspaper)
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung (German Newspaper)
- Samenspel Doet Zegevieren Zevenaar (football club; Zevenaar, The Netherlands)
- Extroverted Sensing (Jungian cognitive function)
- London Southeast (UK postcode)
- Saami, Northern (Norwegian ISO Language Code)
- Saban Entertainment
- Safety Engineer
- Safety Evaluation
- Saint Etienne (musical group)
- Salem Elementary
Samples in periodicals archive:
50-cal ammo requires a surface danger zone impact area of 6,500 meters.
The Surface Danger Zone of where these rounds impacted extended beyond Ellsworth property and the Vertical Danger Zone (VDZ) had not been identified.
During the LTP, the Sidewinder Team will provide the unit with a compact disk (CD) containing the MICLIC Range SOP that has a general overview of the event, rotational unit responsibilities, range layout with surface danger zones, sample memorandums required by Fort Irwin Range Control, Fort Irwin POCs, and a sample battalion operations order (OPORD).