Heftier animals have a smaller surface area-to-volume ratio, which helps reduce heat loss - a pattern known as Bergmann's Rule.
What does SA/V stand for?
SA/V stands for Surface Area-to-Volume Ratio
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SA/V
We have 74 other meanings of SA/V in our Acronym Attic
- Surface Area to Body Weight
- System Administrator/Data Base Administrator
- Specific Activity of DNA/Labeling Index
- School Age Or Latch Key
- Simulated Annealing Via Restrained Molecular Dynamics (DNA model)
- Service Assisted or Protected Evacuations (Australian Department of Defence)
- Samples per Second
- Source Acquisition Segment
- Structured Analysis/Structured Design
- Scion Audio/Visual (marketing; Toyota Motor Company)
- Standard Audio/Video Input
- Stuck At 0 Fault
- Sonic Adventure 1 (Sega game)
- Stuck At 1 Fault
- Serotyping Assay version 1-3
- Serotyping Assay version 1-6
- Sonic Advance 2 (Sega game)
- Sonic Adventure 2 (Sega video game)
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (video game)
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Social Board (gamefaqs.com Forum)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With more binder, resin bridges would be larger in diameter and have a lower surface area-to-volume ratio.
Candy coated biology: an activity to teach surface area-to-volume ratios.
Gray Iron--The plate test casting was selected because it provides a large surface area-to-volume ratio that is exposed to radiant heating during the filling process.
The difficulty with these methods is that the resulting gas bubble is large with a low surface area-to-volume ratio.