After the middle of June, six members of the Japanese Supreme War Council authorized Foreign Minister Togo to approach the Soviet Union, which was not at war with Japan, to mediate an end to the war "if possible by September.
What does SWC stand for?
SWC stands for Supreme War Council
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SWC
We have 183 other meanings of SWC in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Warfare Center
- Strike Warfare Commander (usually seen as STWC)
- Strike Warfare Coordinator
- Strong-Willed Child
- Sub-Wavelength Coating (cameras)
- Sub-Working Group
- Subject, Wills and Company (Oak Brook, IL; now SWC Technology Partners)
- Submarine Wives Club (online forum)
- Sudbury Woman Center (Ontario, Caanda)
- Super-Wide Camera
- Surface Warfare Commander
- Surface Warfare Coordinator
- Surface Water Catchment
- Surge Withstand Capability
- Sustainable World Coalition (Earth Island Institute; Berkeley, CA)
- Sweatcoin (cryptocurrency)
- Swell/Wave Current (US DoD)
- Swiss Watch Company (Houston, TX)
- Switch Combining
- Sydney Water Corporation (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On 28 March 1940, the Anglo-French Supreme War Council decided to mine the inshore passages of the Norwegian coast.
The armistice was debated at great length, and the Supreme War Council eventually asked President Wilson to contact Germany about the draft.