The fact is that Bomber Command was apparently ignorant of a five month-old standing order from the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force that proclaimed yellow smoke, flares and panels should be used for identification purposes between air and ground units.
What does SHAEF stand for?
SHAEF stands for Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of SHAEF in our Acronym Attic
- Sojourner Help, Advocacy, Development Education (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Southwest Horticulture Annual Day of Education
- Superhuman Advanced Defense Executive (DC Comics)
- Safe Haven for Donkeys in the Holy Land
- Sexual Harassment/Anti-Discrimination Office (McMaster University; California)
- Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation (British Sci-Fi series)
- Save Habitat and Diversity of Wetlands (Renton, Washington)
- Secondary Heuristic Analysis for Defensive Online Warfare (intrusion detection system)
- Shelter Home and Discipling of Women (Taylorville, IL)
- Special Housing Assistance and Development Program
- South Haven Area Emergency Services (South Haven, MI)
- Save Historic Antietam Foundation (Sharpsburg, MD)
- Smoking and Health Action Foundation (Canada)
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Forces Europe (UK)
- Southern Hemisphere Association of Fresh Fruit Exporters (Belgium)
- Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations
- Simultaneous Hand and Foot Tracking (psychomotor performance)
- Study by Higher Authority Following Termination
- Super Holiday Activities for Teenagers (Moreton Bay Regional Council; Australia)
- Senior Housing Assistance Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nazi Germany's unconditional surrender came on May 7 at the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force, in Rheims, and was ratified at a ceremony in Berlin the following day.
Nazi Germany's unconditional surrender came on May 7 at the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force, in Reims, and was ratified at a ceremony in Berlin the following day.