I have asked both Senators Levin and McCain that the confirmation hearing on General Allen's pending nomination to be Commander of United States European Command and Supreme Allied Commander, Europe be delayed.
What does SACEUR stand for?
SACEUR stands for Supreme Allied Commander, Europe
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- South African Community Epidemiology Network on Drug Use
- Singapore Association of Convention and Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers
- South Asian Co-Operative Environmental Programme
- Stand-Alone Cooperative Engagement Processor
- South Asia Centre for Policy Studies (Nepal)
- System for Allotment of Central Excise Registration (Ministry of Finance; India)
- School-Age Care Environment Rating Scale (Columbia University; New York, NY)
- South Australian Centre for Economic Studies (est. 1982)
- Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Shri Angalamman College of Engineering and Technology (Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India)
- Supreme Allied Commander Europe Representative (to Military Committee)
- Supreme Allied Commander Europe Exercise
- Supporting Arms Coordination Exercise
- Semi-Automatic Capsule Filler
- Single Association Control Function (TMN)
- South Africa Community Fund
- South Asian Cinema Foundation (London, UK)
- South Australian Cycling Federation
- Stop and Catch Fire (computer instruction)
- Sydney Airport Community Forum (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recently, Allen was nominated as commander of the United States European Command and Supreme Allied Commander, Europe.
NATO's two Strategic Commanders, Admiral James Stavridis, Supreme Allied Commander, Europe (SACEUR) and General Stephane Abrial, Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT) also participated, together with the Chairman of the European Union's Military Committee, General Hakan Syren.
Mr Ellwood has been invited to visit Afghanistan by General James Jones, the Supreme Allied Commander, Europe (SACEUR).
was Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, from 1997-2000.
Jones, who is now the 14th Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, was the 32nd commandant of the Marine Corps.
European Command with the NATO hat of Supreme Allied Commander, Europe.