Established in 1969 by Royal Charter to provide part-time university level study to adults by supported open learning, The Open University (UK) has 200,000 students and customers worldwide.
What does SOL stand for?
SOL stands for Supported Open Learning (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOL
We have 183 other meanings of SOL in our Acronym Attic
- Stoppages of Off & Leave
- Stories Online (website)
- Stricken Off Leave (legal)
- Stricken on Leave
- Struck Out Looking (baseball)
- Stuff Outta Luck (polite form)
- Subculture of Live (fan club for the band Live)
- Suda on Line
- Summer of Love
- SuperOnline (ISP)
- Survive Outdoors Longer (Adventure Medical Survival Pak)
- Swear Out Loud
- Symphony of Light (Online Gaming Community)
- Synchronous On-Line (curriculum)
- System Off Line
- System Operating Limit (North American Electric Reliability Council)
- Stiftung Ökologie & Landbau (Germany)
- Solidarité Enfants SIDA
- Stuff Outta Luck, Big Freakin' Deal (polite form)
- Sleep Onset Latency to Stage 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
It combines work-based and supported open learning and students remain in employment while they study - either at home or at work.
The OU has developed its own successful method of study called supported open learning.