Jos Forester-Melville, a self-proclaimed "henologist" working with charity Equal Arts, said: "Some people live in supported housing but are not engaged with others around them.
What does SH stand for?
SH stands for Supported Housing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SH
We have 68 other meanings of SH in our Acronym Attic
- Steve Hoffman (music restoration)
- Stormhold (gaming, Everquest II Zone)
- Strangerhood (fictional Machinima Series)
- Study Hall (school)
- Stuff Happens (polite form)
- Stupid Hero (band)
- Subtract Halfword (IBM)
- Super Heat (steam)
- Support Helicopter
- Surface Habitable (French: Living Space; measurement)
- Sweetheart (International Order of DeMolay)
- Switch Handler
- Switch Hook
- Symphony Hamilton (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
- Safety, Health & Environment (various companies)
- Shear-Horizontal Acoustic Plate Mode (also seen as SHAPM)
- Super Handling - All Wheel Drive
- Single-Hop Time Reservation Using Adaptive Control for Energy Efficiency (mobile cloud computing)
- Sitting Height to Height (ratio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Midland Heart employees donated a wide range of essential supplies including gloves, hats, canned food and toiletries to make up gift boxes for formerly homeless customers living in their supported housing schemes.
In the run-up to Christmas they have also been working alongside Tees Valley Housing's supported housing team to provide emergency information, as well as to encourage staff and customers to gather gifts which are being donated to families to boost their festive joy.
West Midlands Supported Housing month is launched as cuts threaten 50,000 vulnerable people in the region Thousands of women fleeing domestic violence, pensioners who rely on homehelp s upport and people with mental health problems could be forced to fend for themselves in the West Midlands under possible cuts to a major government support programme.
THERE is a new name in care and support services inWales, and it's one that will already be familiar to many working in the care and social housing sectors: Gwalia Care & Support replaces Trothwy Cyf as the social care and supported housing division of Grwp Gwalia: the largest care and supported housing provider of its kind inWales.
The name "Afiya" - Swahili for "well-being" - was chosen by other residents in ShelterCare's supported housing program.
A HOST of dream balloons containing the hopes and wishes of Liverpool residents in supported housing are to be set loose in Sefton Park.
In sheltered or supported housing or specially-adapted accommodation, residents may include homeless people, older people or those with some level of physical disability.