Ministry of Defence for helicopter simulator upgrades and training services at the Medium Support Helicopter Aircrew Training Facility, which CAE operates under a long term services agreement.
What does SH stand for?
SH stands for Support Helicopter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SH
We have 68 other meanings of SH in our Acronym Attic
- Stetson Hatters (college baseball team)
- Steve Hoffman (music restoration)
- Stormhold (gaming, Everquest II Zone)
- Strangerhood (fictional Machinima Series)
- Study Hall (school)
- Stuff Happens (polite form)
- Stupid Hero (band)
- Subtract Halfword (IBM)
- Super Heat (steam)
- Supported Housing
- Surface Habitable (French: Living Space; measurement)
- Sweetheart (International Order of DeMolay)
- Switch Handler
- Switch Hook
- Symphony Hamilton (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
- Safety, Health & Environment (various companies)
- Shear-Horizontal Acoustic Plate Mode (also seen as SHAPM)
- Super Handling - All Wheel Drive
- Single-Hop Time Reservation Using Adaptive Control for Energy Efficiency (mobile cloud computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Squirrel helicopters are used to train pilots before they progress onto the bigger and more powerful Puma support helicopters.
According to the operational training plan for 2011, the Air Force and Air Defense on Tuesday conducted a live fire demonstration with the participation of formations of Air Force fighters, fighter bombers, fire support helicopters and the Air Defense formations.
These aircraft are being converted to a support helicopter standard to allow them to be fielded as soon as practicable.
Sources also reveal that the Prince may now choose to fly Lynx support helicopters, than taking on the Apaches or Gazelles, the two other helicopters of the Army Air Corps.
He said: "Due to the pitiful numbers of support helicopters and Apaches needed to escort them, every day troops on the ground are forced to expend an enormous amount of hours and manpower just standing still.
SUPPORT HELICOPTERS UK: Chinook: 8 Sea King: 5 One heavy-lift chopper for every 692 soldiers.
The committee said: "Helicopter capability is being seriously undermined by the shortage of helicopters, particularly medium-lift support helicopters, capable of being deployed in support of operations overseas.